Podcast Episodes Page 12
Season 01 - Episode 3 - 40K Patrol Armies
Jan 29 2007
Episode 3 of the Tabletop Battlefield - Warhammer 40K Patrol Armies.
I'm still in the testing phase of The Battlefield and this episode came out a little shorter then the ideal 40 minutes.(Its about 23). I am joined by Graham. to discuss how to get into the World of Warhammer 40K without spending a lot of money, your first born child, or several important body parts. The answer is 400 Point Patrol Armies. I introduce two armies, one for the Tyranids, and one for the Tau. Both of these are based on the battlion boxed sets. Graham covers his 400 point Eldar army.Here are some of the links mentioned
- Warhammer 40K Patrol Rules by Games Workshop
- The Forest Tigers Patrol
- The Eldar Patrol
- The Tyranid Patrol(coming soon...I'm still working on the painting part)
Any questions for myself(Jason) can be directed to and Graham can be reached at
This episode copyright Rocko Software 2007. Games Workshop, Character and Place Names are registered trademarks of Games Workshop. Intro Music by the band The Transfer and can be obtained from www.podsafeaudio.com
Episode Hosts: Jason Rutherford and GrahamComments(0)
Season 01 Episode 02 - Building a Lizardmen Temple
Jan 18 2007
This is Episode # 2 of the Battlefield. This time around Jason will show you the steps involved with building a ruined Lizardmen Temple for Warhammer Fantasy. You will need Styrofoam, Spray Paint, Poster Paint, Glue, and Safety Gear(Googles/Painting Mask!). I hope you enjoy the techniques I show you. In the near future I hope to post step by step instructions for this process on the Online Army Showcase.
Hosts: Jason Rutherford
Intro Music by the band The Transfer and can be obtained from www.podsafeaudio.com
I can be reached at
Episode Hosts: Jason RutherfordComments(0)
Season 01 Episode 01 - The Future of Mechwarrior
Jan 08 2007
See how this show got started with myself, Kyle, a Camera, and some Mechwarrior Figures.
Today we are talking about Mechwarrior Dark Age by Wizkids. First we discuss some of the coming changes to the game. In addtion, we discuss some house rules that we have used when playing games of Mechwarrior. To conclude we take a quick look at the Mechwarrior Short Film.
This show features Jason Rutherford and Kyle MenziesI have listed some of our house rules below:
- When a unit is given an order, it may move and make a standard attack or it may make a special attack.
- A standard attack is a Ranged Attack or Close Combat Attack
- A special attack is a Charge,Ram,DFA, or Artillery attack.
- Infantry and Vehciles are considered pushed when they have three order tokens on them. A unit can be given an order if it results in giving the unit more then three tokens.
- Every time a infantry or vehicle moves or attacks, it recieves an order token. An artilley attack gives a unit two order tokens.
- Mechs never generate heat or recieve a token when walking. All other actions give heat and tokens as normal.
- Mechs can either make two ranged attacks or one ranged and one close combat attack in one turn.
- When making an artilley attack, subtract two from the attack value of the unit and add 1d6 inches to the drift of the token, unless the artilley unit has a LOS to the token, or a spotter has LOS to the token/
- Any infantry can spot for a token within 14". This action does not count as an order, but the spotter cannot perform any actions while spotting.
If you have any questions or comments, get a hold of me at
Episode Hosts: Jason Rutherford and Kyle MenziesComments(0)